My friend Britni tagged me a while ago. (Thanks Britni! Sorry it's taken me so long!) I need to tell 6 quirky things about myself, so here goes:
1. I hate watching movies again and again. Unless I absolutely LOVED the movie the first time, then I just feel like if I've already seen it once, I'm wasting my time by watching it again. (There are some exceptions, and these movies I can watch over and over and never be sick of them: Pride and Prejudice, Charley, The Ultimate Gift, The Other Side of Heaven, etc.)
2. I like things to be "in their specific place". My mom raised me with the mantra, "a place for everything and everything in it's place." I hope to be able to teach this to Caysja as well. (I'm like you, Britni), before I can go to bed, I like to have the dishes in the dish washer, the toys picked up, the laundry folded, the house clean. I hate waking up to a dirty house!
3. I hate having left-overs in my fridge. Actually I love having them because that means less cooking for me but since Caleb doesn't like eating them, then having them there bugs me. SO, I try really hard to make just the right amount of food for three people (and believe me, it doesn't always happen!).
4. I really don't like to go grocery shopping. I don't know why exactly, except that it's pretty hard with a toddler who is either climbing all over the food in the cart, wants to get down and run around, OR wants every package of cookies she sees on the shelf! As a result I really try to empty out our fridge COMPLETELY before I go shopping. This drives Caleb crazy! We'll be out of most everything before I will go!
5. I like to have things match. I know it doesn't really matter that much (and some might say it's better if everything DOESN'T match perfectly) but it sure bugs me when things don't match. For instance, I have several different shades of wood furniture in my house right now (you take what you can get when you're poor!) but it really bugs me that they don't all match! And I like colors to match too--esp. in clothing/decor.
6. I don't know if this is quirky or not...but, since I can't think of anything else, I guess I will put it down. I don't really love eating breakfast. Even to this day I don't wake up that hungry in the morning (even being pregnant!) and if I do eat it's not much, like a banana or a little bit of granola or something. I like eating pancakes or french toast every once in a while, but it's got to be a special occasion and then if I eat a big breakfast I don't really want to each lunch! I know, weird, huh!
*I tag anyone who wants to share 6 quirky things about themselves!*
Jess & Lex & Grandma
11 months ago









8 comments:
You don't love breakfast!?!? That is the best meal! I'm all about eggs and french toast when I can get them! You are still SO tiny! I caught a glimpse of your belly on the music post.
I hear ya on the breakfast - I don't like it either! It is even Speen's job to feed it to Lance every morning.
I hear ya about lovin' things to match! Have you tried painting and distressing your woods? That's what I did with all the older hand me down furniture when we got married cause it, too, drives me CRAZY to have two different types of wood in the same room ha ha! So try that. All you need is a little paint and some sand paper and it turns out so cute. We have an ugly brown THING we are turning into a changing table.. and I'm trying to decide right now if I am going to do it black or white.. either way it will be much cuter than it is now! It's easy, but let me know if you need tips!
You are cute and I think it is funny you are not hungry in the mornings. I am starving. hmmmm.... and thirsty!
I had to laugh when you said you try and make the exact amount of food per night b/c I am the COMPLETE opposite. My thinking is always, "Hmm how much can I make and how long can it last" haha. That is why I love Sunday roasts, they last for 2 nights of leftovers. However, I can agree with you on going shopping. Not my favorite thing to do and our fridge will be SO empty before I go.
I totally don't like eating much breakfast either! And you would think being pregnant it would change huh? Not so much! I wish I was more 'everything in its place'. It drives Adam nuts that I hardly ever put anything in the same place, hee hee.
criscell, my email is courtburton@hotmail.com
email me and then I will have your email address and will email you some pics of a few things i have distressed and give you some tips... It is SO easy!!!
I am the SAME way about movies! Cory likes to watch movies again but I don't. I love breakfast, but I can't eat it too early in the morning, so as a result when I'm working, the ONLY think that usually sounds good is this cranberry almond granola cereal. But if I don't eat, I feel SOOOO sick, so I force myself to eat during the week, but weekends, I definitely LOVE breakfast! I'm also different with the housekeeping. My mantra is "It's not going anywhere so what's the rush?" And I can ignore a lot. But most of that is just a coping strategy because even when I find the time, I can't seem to find the energy or motivation.
Post a Comment