Today is my wonderful husband's 26th B-day!!! I just wanted to give him a big shout out for being the very best husband, father, and best friend that a girl could want! In honor of his day, I decided to post 26 things I love most about Caleb.
1. He is very romantic. Some may not believe this, but he is! For our first Anniversary, he surprised me with rose petals all around our apt., a homemade dinner by candlelight (soft music in the background), and a beautiful statue of the Savior.
2. He loves the Lord and he serves valiantly in his calling or anything he is asked to do. When we were first married, we got called to be nursery leaders. Well, I don't think he thought he was going to like that calling too well, but he did a great job and there was one little girl that wouldn't go to anyone but Caleb!
3. His is SO HOT!! Seriously, sometimes when I look at him, I think, "how did YOU marry little ol' ME?!"
4. I love his blue, blue eyes. They were the first thing that attracted me to him and they are so beautiful! Luckily Caysja inherited them and she gets compliments on them wherever we go. (I hope our little boy gets them too!)
5. He is SO talented athletically speaking--esp. in Basketball. He got several scholarships in high school to go play college ball, but he turned them all down to go to BYU-I, where he met me! =) He is good at just about every sport for that matter, and I love that. I am always finding out about a new sport he excels at.
6. He loves kids and they love him! When we were dating, we took a trip to see his two brothers in Utah, and while we were there, he really impressed me by how he would get right down on the floor and tickle them, play hide 'n seek, etc. He plays with Caysja after dinner every single night, no matter how much studying he has to do.
7. He is very handy around the house. He can fix most anything (which is great when you're poor) including fixing our car several times--which has saved us a LOT of money!
8. He is so good at handling stress. Seriously, if I were the one going to med school, I know I would be a basket case most of the time! But Caleb is great at coming home for dinner and leaving all his "school worries" at the door and not letting them bother him when he is home with us. When he is home, he is home.
9. I love his muscles! I know he wishes he could work out more, but I still think he's toned!
10. He knows the scriptures so well--much better than I do, that's for sure. He can quote things left and right and that's always impressed me.
11. He is worthy to hold the Priesthood and give Priesthood blessings. He has given me some beautiful blessings in the four years we've been married. I remember the night we took Caysja to the emergency room (for what we thought was a seizure) and he gave her such a wonderful blessing that really calmed me down.
12. He appreciates my talents in music and always supports me by coming to anything I'm performing in.
13. I love it when he tries to sing! Lately for FHE, we've been singing the two-part primary songs and that's pretty hard to do, but he's come a long way.
14. I love how good he is with people. He is very friendly, out-going and fun to be around. In high school he was voted "most out-going" of his entire senior class.
15. I love how he'll help me around the house. He always does the vacuuming for me, takes out the garbage, helps clear the table, and will even help with the dishes or laundry sometimes.
16. I love it when he cooks for me. When we were first married, he asked me to make homemade bread since that's what he grew up on and he loves it. Well, after a while I was so busy student teaching I couldn't do it anymore, so HE did it! And it turned out better than mine!
17. I love how hard working he is. I know med school has been a lot harder than he ever thought possible, but he studies for hours and hours at a time (til 3 AM!) with never a complaint.
18. I love his laugh. If any of you have heard Caleb REALLY laugh, then you know what I mean! In high school he was also voted, "funniest laugh".
19. I love how smart he is about technology. He is always there to help me out of the messes I make since I am so "computer illiterate".
20. He is so good about putting up with my many faults. He doesn't criticize me for the many mistakes I make.
21. He will eat anything I make for him (and considering I'm not the most amazing cook in the world, that's saying a lot)!
22. He is very frugal with money, which is great when you're poor! But seriously, he will hardly EVER spend money on himself, even for things that he really needs like new socks or shoes.
23. He likes vegetables and salad and I LOVE that about him since I try to eat healthy myself.
24. He will take me to dances, even though he really doesn't like dancing, just because he knows how much I like it!
25. He is GREAT at surprising me and I LOVE to be surprised! He buys me the BEST gifts and I never have a clue! (I wish I could surprise him with something for once...)
26. I love how competitive he is. If any of you have every played games with him, it is a riot just to watch him get so "into it" and want to win sooooo bad! I have often had friends tell me after playing games together, "I saw another side of Caleb tonight".
KIKI and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HONEY!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Jess & Lex & Grandma
11 months ago









6 comments:
Happy Birthday to Caleb!! I am so happy for you that you found the best hubby. It makes me happy that you are so happily married! Love ya lots!
Happy Birthday Caleb. Speen and I think he's a great guy too! Those were fun things you posted about him.
Good to hear he's living up to the sealer's council to take you dancing! I remember trying REALLY hard not to really laugh in the sealing room when he mentioned that "if one of you likes to dance and the other doesn't, well, you take them out to dance anyway!" Happy B-day!
How fun! I wish I knew Caleb better, he seems fantastic! Happy day to you all!
It was a new world to me as well. I used to call my mom when I first had Kleyn and ask her questions. She would say "Honey, I raised four girls, I have no idea." It's definitely different, but just as fun and interesting. :)
Sounds like a great, fun husband. There is nothing better. Cute family.
Post a Comment