Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My baby is no longer a baby

Okay, you have to excuse the goofy face that Caysja is making in this picture, but I had to take it because today we bought her her *FIRST* official pair of panties (or "canties" as she calls them. She got to pick them out--pink of course.) We are officially beginning to potty train this week and so far she's doing pretty well. She's gone both #1 and #2 in the potty several times in months past, but we were waiting until all our vacations were over and we were back home in somewhat of a schedule before officially trying to go consistently. I made her a little "potty chart" and bought stickers and lots of fruit snacks (which she LOVES) so we'll see how it goes! Wish us luck and if any of you out there have tips you'd like to share with me, please tell!


Caysja modeling her first pair of undies!

7 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Just stick to it. You will always have THOSE DAYS, but it's totally worth it and the worst part is over in a week or two. We tried pull-ups and I will never do that again. Make sure you have some good cleaning stuff, too, for accidents. :) GOOD LUCK!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Try your best to be very patient-it'll payoff if you can keep your cool when she has 2 accidents 5 minutes apart. Oh and by the way, Richard says that he'll send you $50 if you have your baby on the 18th of December-that's his birthday.

Brenbren said...

Two things, once in panties, DON"T go back to diapers! don't confuse her by going back and forth. It may seem easier when out and about, but it will only prolong the process.
Also, good luck! hopefully she doesn't have issues when the baby is born. We had a fully potty trained Adam having accidents as soon as Natalie was brought home. YEAH! Good luck!

Kim said...

Hurray for being a BIG GIRL! Good luck with that Criscell...I wish I could give you some advice, but since my child is younger than yours:-) I'm thinking I'll be asking you later on for tips though! Your trip looked like alot of fun! We'll have to hang out soon so that we can swap stories. And we DID get our b-ball tickets through Mark Taylor. They came to about 8.75 per person (and Audrey was free), but it was TOTALLY worth it! We had such a great time!

Gooch Family said...

Good luck! Wish I had advice but I don't since obviously Bella isn't there yet. I'm definitely not looking forward to that though! Hope she learns quick!

john and brenda said...

Welcome back Criscell! It may be gross, but we put our boys in oversized t-shirts and nothing else. They were smart enough to know that the carpet was off-limits so it was not hard at all. Of course, they were 2&1/2 years old! But then our girls just kind of decided on their own at about 2 years that they were done with diapers. I lucked out didn't I! The best part about this is that we have not had a bed-wetter in all seven of our kids. How blessed are we!

Smelly Moose said...

Too cute!! Good luck with the potty training! Looks like you've had some FUN vacations this summer!