HELP! Lately Caysja has developed the WORST sleeping habits and I have no idea what is going on! I usually put her to bed about 7:30 pm and she was sleeping til about 6:30 am or so. Well, lately she is waking us up (i.e. coming into our room) at 5:00am!!! And believe me, putting her back to bed doesn't do any good either. She is up and ready to eat her "o-meel" and begging me to get up and fix it for her--when the sun isn't even shining yet! That wouldn't be too bad if she took a good long nap, but guess what....lately she won't take a nap at all! She'll stay in her room for the two hours that I make her--AND NEVER FALL ASLEEP! What's a tired mom to do?! I need her to keep taking these naps for AT LEAST another 6 months or so--especially with a baby on the way! Have any of your kids gone through this "phase"? If any of you have any ideas for me to try, please help--I need sleep!
Jess & Lex & Grandma
11 months ago









9 comments:
Oh my, I feel for you on this one. You know I don't have a toddler, but newborns are sleep suckers. In fact its almost 10:30pm and she's been asleep for a while. I should be in bed too.
Maybe have her run around the yard or park more. Works for my neices.
I have totally been in your same boat and still kind of am. I think they know another baby is coming. We covered Lillys window so little light gets in, and put soft music playing in her room. I think are girls are very similar. Go-getters, active, moving all the time, crawling out of their beds, etc etc. I do think once the weather cools down and we can go outside they can run, run, run and get tired. Take her to " Pump it up" and she will crash on the way home in the car. Good luck and when you figure it out, TELL ME! We have a 5:45 waker uper!
I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better Jack has been getting up 3-5 times a night, no nap and then Ella still gets up too. Misery loves company, right? Jack did that for a while that he would DEMAND he get up in the morning at 5:30 or 6. Just walk her back in her room and don't let her get up until 7, put up a gate, draw a picture of the clock at 7, lock the door if you have to. She may scream or yell but she'll eventually get it that you're not getting up. Easier now than when you don't want her waking the baby, believe me!! Good luck :)
Its sooo hard when they decide they don't want to take naps anymore! I remember when MaryAnn went through that. Sigh. Sara luckily still takes naps most of the time. Sometimes I'll just put on a movie for MaryAnn while Sara is napping and I'll snooze on the couch--at least then I can get a little rest! As far as the waking up at the crack of dawn--I always say "Its not time to get up yet!" Give my kids some milk and put them back to bed...I don't know if that will work for you, but it does for me :) Good luck!
I like what the Redd family and Liz put up. Some days Sam won't take a nap, and she's done that for a year now where she'll go several days without a nap and then decide she wants them again. I started calling it quiet time and tell her I don't care if she doesn't sleep, it's just time to be quiet and stay in her room. I hate to suggest this, but one night experiment with a later bed time. Maybe she just doesn't need that much sleep. Of course if she goes to bed later and gets up the same time, then forego that! I do like the idea of putting up a gate or something that lets her know that if she's awake, fine, but don't wake up mommy until 7! I too have given Sam a glass of milk if she wakes up hungry and that usually works for awhile. Also at that age, I made sure that Sam had a snack before bedtime. Usually it was applesauce with cinnamon (lots of extra cinnamon for her!). It was part of the bedtime routine, applesauce, bath, scriptures, prayer, story, song, sleep.
I am so sorry. I felt so bad for you yesterday at the pool. Maye it is just a phase. I would keep doing the quiet time in her room. I would also LOVE to come and get her for a little bit and let you rest. Let me know. I am always here.
i am so sorry. call me and i'll watch caysja while you take a nap. you need your sleep.
Hey, I need your email address and alissa's! I need to give you some info so please let me know!
Oh, Criscell, I feel your pain! I, too, am pregnant and struggling with a little princess who refuses to sleep. Yesterday she miraculously napped (I still make her have quiet time in her room even if she doesn't sleep) but then she didn't go to bed until 11:30! Really, I don't have any suggestions. Just know that you're not alone. Good luck!
Kiersten
www.musicalsmiths.com
Post a Comment