Monday, April 27, 2009

Milestones

Well, I don't know if it counts as a milestone or not, but here's a pic of our little "thumb sucker". (Oh, and I never should have posted about Crew sleeping so well...the last four nights he's gotten up at 5 am...go figure!)

Crew is holding up his head so well now that we decided to get out the little jumper. Even though he can't really jump yet, he still thought it was fun to sit in it. I think he looks like a little green frog! ( I'm so bummed...his hair is falling out and coming in blond. I really, really wanted a little brunette! Oh well.)
I think it's a pretty big milestone when your kids learn to ride a bike for the first time. I have been looking and looking for a bike for Caysja and I finally found one at a garage sale last week for only $10. It is just PERFECT and she loves it! Notice the baby seat on the back...her favorite part. She is doing SO well riding it too! I was going to save it for her third birthday in about a month, but where was I supposed to hide a bike? (How can she be old enough to ride a bike already?)
Caysja refused to wear her helmet because I accidently pinched her chin once when putting it on her, but Daddy convinced her that wearing your helmet is the "cool" thing to do!
(I'm so bummed that this picture turned out so blurry. I have no idea what I did wrong when I took it.) Recently Caysja's hair is finally long enough that I can do french braids in it and it's SO CUTE! That's a pretty big milestone since she had hardly any hair for sooooo long. I love it!! I've waited my whole life to have a little girl with long hair that I could braid like I used to braid my Barbie's hair.

7 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

How cute. I love the picture of crew in the jumper. He does look like a frog. I can't believe Caysja can ride her bike. We still haven't taught LeiLani how to ride the bike we got her for Christmas. Now that it's getting so hot, I don't know when we'll teach her. Her hair was really cute that day you had it french braided. How fun. The kids are growing up.

Thomas Family said...

that is such a cute bike - nice work! AND she is riding it all ready, way to go Caysja!

Melissa said...

I love the baby seat on the bike too! So cool! Have fun riding Caysja!
How do you get her to sit still long enough to do french braids? It seems like it would be impossible.

Our Family said...

What a cute post!

Gooch Family said...

You got a great find on that bike! What girl wouldn't want a little baby seat on the back?! That's awesome. Also how fun that her hair is getting longer, I love girls.

Melinda said...

Way cute! Sammi doesn't like to pedal on bikes and still doesn't do it and she's 4, but in other areas she scores with 6 year olds (speaking for instance, cuz she never stops practicing!). It's so neat to see how different each kid is and how they are interested in some things and not others. I think the baby seat is the coolest part too! And I'm so glad you were able to convince her of the helmet! Samantha has worn a helmet since she was 1 (she always wears it in the bike trailer) and is the first one to go run to her closet and hand out everyone's helmet for a bike ride.

Mom and Dad said...

Hi "Loves", Caysjie is too cute on her new bike. Good job finding such a good buy. And I love the helmet and baby carrier in back. Daddy and I had a lot of fun looking at your blog...glad you reminded me to check it out. We wish we were close so we could go to the park. Love your little "frog man".