Saturday, March 15, 2008

What have we been up to lately?

Sorry this is such a random post. We're glad to finally have a camera that WORKS! It seems to be a nice camera too. We've been doing some fun family things lately since Caleb isn't as stressed this semester (yet...)

We were given a backpack baby carrier by some neighbors of ours and it's SO nice! (We borrowed the one we used over Spring break.) We just love it and have already used it several times. Caysja likes it too, as you can see.


Overlooking Glendale from the top of Pinnacle Peak. We went on a hike for FHE

Our new backpack carrier that we LOVE!

I love the smell of homemade bread...Saturdays are my day to make bread and it makes our apt. smell sooooo good (plus it's so yummy to eat too!) I think in the three and a half years that we've been married, we've only bought bread twice that I can remember.

Sweet kisses from my little princess!

This semester Caleb has started a new class where he has to "dress the part" and actually wear scrubs and all. He wasn't too happy about it as you can tell, but I think my Honey looks so handsome! He looks like an official "Dr. Roberts"!

Last week our ward's playgroup had an Easter egg hunt at the park. It was lots of fun and I took tons of pictures, but turns out I was actually taking "videos" and not pictures since I didn't know how to work our new camera yet! These are the only two real pictures I took. Oh well.

Caysja and her friend Halle

20 comments:

Melinda said...

Awesome!! I envy your bread making ability. I can make rolls, but I can't make bread. You would think you would have the ability to do both or neither, not me!

Smelly Moose said...

Yeah, that bread looks YUMMY!! The weather looks soooo beautiful there!

Criscell said...

Funny Melinda, because I always think my rolls never turn out as good as my bread! I've probably told you that before.

Frei Family said...

I think i need to get your bread recipe, because you have told me it is great!! Look how much fun you guys are having! Rhett has been studying a lot like usual, so i am jealous!!

XO said...

Yay for hiking back packs!!! We have one too and I love to take Ben out - we were going out to squaw peak at the beginning of the year, but I got busy with other stuff. Anyway, ANYTIME you want to to hiking and caleb isn't around, I am totally game. Let me know!

Gooch Family said...

I cannot believe your bread! You need to teach me. I showed Dave and I think he was a little jealous, haha! I tried once but it didn't turn out so well. It looked good on the outside but was REALLY heavy on the inside. I agree with Melinda, I can make rolls great, just not bread. Weird!

Kandis said...

I'm quite impressed with the bread making! And that pic of Caleb in his scrubs cracks me up, guys can be so difficult for pictures sometimes.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

that picture of your bread has me craving some!!! remind caleb how lucky he is! you are a better wife than I am. ryan gets the cheapest store bread i can find!!

emiflute said...

Criscell, With every post, you make me want to live in Arizona. I loved visiting relatives there as a kid. We know another couple planning on coming to school there soon. He was accepted to Arizoa State to get his masters in Social Work. They said Glendale was one of the places they were considering for housing. It sounds like your ward would be perfect for them!
Anyway, that bread looks so yummy. Can I get the recipie? All I have been doing is cheating with my bread maker. Well, have a great week. Love ya!

Becky said...

isn't it wierd to see your hubby in scrubs? i am so glad you got a new camera and i bet caleb is too since he loves his gadgets so much. looks like a nice day at the park. that bread makes me wish i could pull it from the computer screen and eat it all up. i need to learn how to do that one day. i admire all your talents.

Cecily said...

Criscell, I just have to say I love your blog. You have the cutest family! I can't believe you've only probably bought bread only twice in your marriage thus far. I tell Ryan a lot how much I love homemade bread (really!). Could I please have your recipe? I would love it. Also, what a nice hiking pack for Caysja! That is probably so much fun for her, and really nice for you!

TraciP said...

Mmmmm.... That bread looks good!

TwinkleBee said...

I'd say that bread was a hit. I chuckled because I clicked to make a comment on it and saw I wasn' the only one. What is your recipe and tricks. I think the idea of making home meade bread intimidates me but know kev would love it. Do share!
P.s. You're a good mommy and so photogenic too!

Heather Inns said...

Your blog is so cute. I love looking at what you guys have been up too. Caysja is getting to big and she is so cute I love her smiles. I hope all is going well with you guys I need to call you and catch up. We will talk soon. Miss you guys love ya Ryan and Heather

Jennifer Payne said...

Hey! I am so glad that your camera is working again. I love the pictures! You guys do the cutest things. Such a cute family!
Love
Jenn

Our Family said...

Halle really misses her swimming friend. She talks about going swimming with Caysja everyday. We will have to hang out on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

criscell! i love looking at your blog! it's so fun. i saw your parents in IF last month and just missed you! sounds like a lot of fun down there in the sun! the pics are so fun. i guess i need your bread recipe because mine never looks that gorgeous. i love it. anyway, just thought i'd say HEY and let you know i love looking at your blog, it's so fun to hear what's going on with you, even if i'm the worse emailer ever! brit :o)

Janae said...

Hey Criscell, please post your bread recipe! it looks fabulous! And yay for a new camera and backpack carrier. That makes it so easy to go on adventures.

He does look like a Doctor already! And what a cute mommy you are! Cute family.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute pic's Criscell! So that bread looks so yummy! I am taking a bread making class on Thursday, so I can start to be more domestic. So impressive you've only bought bread twice! I love your pink shorts too! Spence says to tell Caleb that he is sorry he bailed out of class on Sunday - how did the class end up? Also - speaking of Sunday - hello enrichment leader! That is a big calling, but you will be amazing at it! Also I wanted to tell you - since you love brooke white on idol - that our grandma watched an interview with her and her hubby and her hubby said he voted for her 1,500 times last week! And not only that she said - but he also did all the laundry! I thought that was cute. Ok - well this turned out to be a novel! ;)

Unknown said...

Criscell,
I cannot believe you bake bread every week! Amazing! How do you stick with it? I actually tried that when we were first married and it didn't even last a month! I love homemade bread though. I really want to try your recipe out. Thanks for posting it!
-Leslie