Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone!!

So even though this isn't Caysja's first Easter, it's the first one where she really "gets it" if you know what I mean. It's been so fun to hide eggs for her all week! She LOVES finding them--even with nothing in them! Here she is opening her Easter basket after church today. She got some fun swim toys, watercolor paints, and of course, her Easter dress.


Pictures after church at our apt. complex



My little doll!


I just love Caysja's Easter dress...little girls are so fun to dress up! (I made her hair bows too!)

Caysja got a little spoiled on Saturday...we ended up going to not one, not two, but THREE different Easter egg hunts!! The first one was at Sprouts at 8:30 am, then Midwestern University at 10am, then our apt. complex at 11am! She came home with 7 containers of play doh, bubbles, bracelets, rings, a beach ball, stickers,--and more!

Caysja at the Midwestern Easter egg hunt

Midwestern campus--Caleb helping Caysja "walk" on the water

Caleb helping Caysja "hunt" the eggs at Midwestern
What a perfect day!

I was so impressed with how much work they put into the Midwestern Easter celebration for the kids. They had an Easter bunny (that Caysja was terrified of!), blow up toys, and all kinds of cool prizes--not to mention treats!

Here we are at Sprout's Grocery store for the first egg hunt of the day

On Friday night we actually went on a DATE and got a baby-sitter (*shock*)! We went to the Mesa temple Easter pageant. First we went to Cafe Rio for dinner (which we got 'to go'), then the pageant after that. We went with our friends, Becky & Zac, and Kristy & Matt. The pageant was beautiful...even though we were kind of in the back. Some of the costumes were pretty neat. I wish I had gotten a picture of them. I couldn't believe how many people were there! I heard an estimate near ten thousand!

What great friends we have here! We are so lucky!
(Me, Kristy, Matt, Zac, Becky--Caleb is taking the picture)

9 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I loved Caysja's dress. She was darling at church.

Frei Family said...

HI!! Cayjsa looked so cute in her dress at church!! I am sad that we missed the pageant! It looks like you had a busy easter weekend!! The singing in church was beautiful! I love how that song was arranged.. it gave me goosebumps!!

bryony said...

Hey Criscell -- good to see you this morning. Fun pictures -- looks like you had a great weekend. Cayjsa is darling. I just wanted to leave a comment so you could link up to our blog if you wanted to check it out.

Niki said...

I have officially decided that you are way better at this blog thing than I am. I loved your blog it is so cute! You will have to teach me a few things. Check out our blog too. Again I loved yours.
Niki Snow

Charisa and Trent said...

you guys are absolutely darling!!! i love all the pictures!
hey would you do me a favor and e-mail me your phone number, it'd be great to catch up with you.
chibaby0582@hotmail.com

Cecily said...

Cayjsa is absolutely beautiful in her Easter dress (and what cute shoes too)! I love the pictures. I had no idea that there was a Mesa Temple Easter Pageant. I can't believe that about 10,000 showed up! That is awesome!

queenjilene said...

Hi Loves, I love Caysja's Easter dress. And I love the matching shoes. And I love Caysja. And I LOVE you. Love, MOM

Hamar Times said...

We had so much fun! Thank you for inviting us and driving. We sure enjoy spending time with you and your family. :)

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

Caysja's dress is realy cute. I also loved your skirt. Seeing all of your Easter egg hunts made me a little envious of warm weather. I think most egg hunts were canceled around here due to snow - that's right. You couldn't even see a blade of grass. The good news is that it's all melting now. Maybe spring will be here soon.