Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Amazing Little Pill

Today I told Caysja that it was time for her nap and as usual she wasn't too happy about that. Well, I was finishing up an email on the computer so I figured I'd let her have just a few more minutes to play. The next thing I know, she goes and gets her doll, goes in her room, shuts the door, climbs in her crib and practically puts herself down for a nap! I was so shocked!! I guess she knows she needs one in order to stay happy.

I also have to write about two little incidents that happened yesterday to show you that she is still a little pill. She gets up usually about 5:45 am and comes in our bedroom every morning and let's just say that Caleb and I aren't exactly morning people so we usually tell her to go read some books or play with some toys for a while. Well yesterday she found my scriptures, pulled out the pen stuck in them and proceeded to draw on the couch with pen!! Aaaagh! Luckily it came out okay with a little hairspray. Then we went swimming later that evening and I came home and got her undressed to take a bath and I let her run around naked for ONE min. Well, in that one minute she climbed on the couch and peed!! What a great day, huh?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, well you have a small taste of what potty training is like, I can't tell you how many times Charley has peed on our sofa. I am excited to tell you that Charley has been officially completely potty trained for about a month now and it has been great! I also have experienced Charley coloring on my couch in pen, I completely flipped. I fortunately know of a good upholstery cleaner for suede. Let me know if you need a recommendation.

Amber said...

At least she is a CUTE little pill! It always surprises me how they can do, or get into in just one minutes time!

Gooch Family said...

Oh my gosh! That is funny (not to you though I'm sure) She just had to mark her spot is all ;)

Smelly Moose said...

HAHA! Gotta love kids :) More adventures to come!! LOVE that she put herself down for a nap! I WISH!!

Shawna said...

wow, how can you get her to put herself down for a nap every day?? when you figure it out let us all know.

Andrew and Sara said...

Those are funny stories. Presten is the same way, except he has never put himself down for a nap. That is pretty good.

Melinda said...

Everything always seems to happen in that ONE MINUTE, doesn't it? For the first day of potty training, I wouldn't let Sam on our couches, and then the second day she wanted to be on the couch so bad that I put a towel double up on the couch for her to sit on which that night the cat decided that we had nicely put it there for HIM so Sam freaked out and needed a new towel....but she hasn't needed it. Baking Soda will help get out most odor in most places.

That's amazing about the nap! I totally don't think Sam would do that, she needs her story and her song and the fan on and the night light and the fish light....haha

Jennifer Payne said...

It is so hard when they do naughty things, but then when you get to tell the story it is really cute. I loved hearing them.

Cecily said...

Oh no! It seems like Murphy's law shows up in full color sometimes, huh?

TwinkleBee said...

Remind me not to sit on your couch! ... Just kidding. Funny stories :)

Gallant Family said...

Holy cow! Let's hope this pill passes through quickly!!! Oh, and way cute pics from the 4th. I'm glad it's only in the 90's up here. My body can't handle those 100+ temps.