Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Caysja and Aunt Chalise!!

Today is Caysja's 2nd birthday AND my sister Chalise's 22nd birthday! Yep--they were born on the same day, exactly 20 years apart!
I can't believe that my little girl is already two! That's just crazy! I can't be the mom of a two year old already! It seems like just the other day we brought her home from the hospital and I remember thinking, "Aaaagh--I don't know the first thing about being a mom!" She is a such a joy in my life. I can't imagine my life without her. She has taught me so much about so many things--being patient, what it means to truly love someone unconditionally, etc. I can't believe how much she has grown and changed in the last two years. She can run and jump, ride a bike (with me pushing it), swim (sort of) in our pool, and say soooo many words now. She is my angel. I love you so much, Kiki! We are having a little pool party for her this afternoon, so I will post more pictures soon.
My sister (my only sibling) was one of my very best playmates growing up and even though we fought now and then, I have tons of happy memories of growing up together. She is so beautiful and talented and I look up to her in so many ways. Chalise, I wish you could be here to celebrate the day with us! We love you and are thinking about you today too!

11 comments:

Hethrjem said...

I can't believe Caysja is two now. I remember when you tried to bring her home. There were no secrets in our apt. complex- you couldn't even get your daughter into your apartment when all of us neighbors converged on you!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

happy birthday caysja!! love, your buddy Dane

Anonymous said...

What a cool double day! Happy Happy Birthday! I can't believe it's been two years already. Of course she's still adorable (no surprise there!) and you guys look great. Hope everything's going well and you enjoyed your vacation in Idaho, sorry the weather didn't cooperate. Brit :o)

Shawna said...

happy birthday to Caysja and to Chalise! Time flies! what is Chalise up to these days anyway??

Heather Inns said...

Happy Birthday Caysja I hope yyou had a wonderful 2nd Birthday! I am glad you guys made it home safe. You just missed the snow today! How sad I wish it was summer! Well any way I hope Caysja had a wonderful Day Love you lots!!!

kalie said...

Happy Birthday, Caysja! Criscell, you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day to my favorite niece! Thanks for being my special baby girl and chosing my birthday to be born! You are so cute, and I wish I lived closer to you to play all the time! We will someday!
Love Aunt Chalisey

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Two Years old? How fun!!! She is so cute!

sheila said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl Caysja, if thats how you spell it. And Chalise as well! One day hopefully we'll catch up and I can actually Caysja AND your husband.
No, we won't be making it to Aunty Cammie's wedding, although we would LOVE to. Its just too close for the baby to be born.

Unknown said...

Congrats Cricell! Happy Birthday to Caysja! I really love your new background! Sorry we couldn't meet up in ID, but hope you had fun!
-Leslie

Mands Glenn said...

Happy Birthday Caysja!
love,
Lilly