"Oh what do you do in the winter time when all the world is gray..."
You go to VEGAS with your sisters-in-law!!! At least, that's what I did and I highly recommend it! All of us girls felt we needed some quality bonding time like our husbands always get when they go to Moab together twice a year so when Alice found us the deal on the super cheap tickets, we had to jump on it! We have been planning this trip for quite some time now and we had a blast. The weather was sunny (60's), the food awesome, the company even better. We missed having Carrie with us, but the other five of us were able to make it.
We left on Fri. Jan. 13th on a late flight out of SLC. By the time we got there, got our rental car and drove to our hotel (which was in Henderson outside of Vegas) it was midnight. You'd think we'd go to bed, right? Nope! We were way too excited for that! Instead we got fries and frosties and stayed up late talking--nearly til 2am!
Here we are on the shuttle that took us to pick up our rental car
Marisa and me
Kynda and Alice (Heather met up with us the next day)
Sat. morning we got up and headed to the Las Vegas temple to do a session...only to find out that it was closed for cleaning for two weeks! We were so bummed. I have heard how beautiful this temple is and I was really looking forward to going inside. We were able to walk around the grounds though.
So...next on the list was...SHOPPING! We headed to the outlets and "shopped til we dropped"! It was so fun. We were literally there all day. Sometimes you just need that "retail therapy".
That night we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner
Mmmmm...gotta love their cheesecake! It doesn't get much better than that!
Our "Spoils"
Sat. night we went to a show by Cirque du Soleil at the Mirage entitled "Beatles Love". It was awesome and unlike anything I have ever seen before.
Here we are after the show: Alice, Heather, Marisa, me, Kynda
Just for fun we headed to the M 'n M store which was just down the street. This pic turned out so dark.
It was a HUGE gift shop--four floors! This was on one floor--every color of m'n m you could ever want!
On Sunday morning we went to church in Henderson. All of the meetings were excellent and just what I needed to hear. The people of the ward there was so sweet and welcoming to us. I just love that you can go to any ward around the world and feel right at home.
Sunday afternoon we went on a hike up the Red Rock Canyon about 30 min. outside Vegas.
Marisa and me
Cindy (Heather's friend), Marisa, me, Kynda, Heather
The view from on top was amazing!
Sunday night we hung out in our hotel room and played games. We laughed and laughed and then sat around and talked for a long time. It was very therapeutic for me. I look up to and admire my sisters-in-law in so many ways. They are all incredible moms and wives raising amazing children in an increasingly scary world.
Mon. morning Heather had to fly out so here we are saying goodbye to her in our hotel. So glad you came, Heather!
The Eiffel Tower Restaurant~ downtown Vegas
We spent Mon. doing some fun, free events. First we went to the botanical gardens inside the Bellagio. The theme was the Chinese New Year.
These statues were made completely of flowers that they took out and replaced every day!
And of course we had to watch the Bellagio water fountain show
Marisa discovered the "Pinball Hall of Fame" and we each picked out a game to play for a few quarters
I have never seen so many pinballs in all my life! They had just about everything you could imagine. I chose to play the "24" themed one in honor of one of Caleb's and my favorite TV shows.
After dinner at Outback we headed back to the Bellagio to watch the fountains at night.
Alice and Marisa on the plane home--totally exhausted
Kynda and me--ready to go again! Do we have to go home?
It was a wonderful trip and just what I needed to get me through the rest of winter. This is the second year in a row now that I've been able to take a trip in January and it really is wonderful to have something to look forward to after the holidays are over.
I love these ladies so much. They inspire me to be a better person. I am so grateful to have them in my life. Thanks for having the idea, Marisa, finding the deal on tickets, Alice, and arranging all the details, Kynda. Love you all! Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking care of the kiddos so I could go. You're the best, Hon! It was the first time I have been away from my kids AND Caleb for more than a night and I was homesick for them by the end. They are my life and what a good life it is.







































5 comments:
Holy cow! It sounds like so much fun. I'm totally jealous. Mostly because it brings back memories of our get together a year ago and it makes me wish we could make it a yearly tradition. I'm so glad you got to go and have those wonderful memories. I miss you. Love ya.
With the snow the last few days, I keep thinking of sitting outside Serendipity soaking in the sunshine...
I'd like to have a few more minutes of that!
spoiled!
How fun! Hey, you didn't happen to run into a Kara and Kelly Peterson at church did you? They are my hubby's sister and her husband and they live in Henderson. When we've gone to visit in the past, we've gone to many of those places! So it was fun to see pictures! Glad you could have so much fun!
That looks like an awesome trip and it was super amazing to get to visit with you last year!
Post a Comment