YIPPEE!! As of today I only have 9 more days to go! I can't believe I'm down to that already. The only problem is that I still think I'll go late so I probably have more like 14 or more days to go...(Last Dr. appt. I was dialated to a "2-3" and still 75% effaced.) Oh well. I'll try not to think about that. Maybe I need to go on a hike or something to get this baby out of here!
Actually yesterday I almost went in and had them induce me. I've developed a slight complication lately. It's called ICP and stands for Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy and it's a problem of the liver that occurs in the 3rd trimester of 1% of pregnancies. They're actually not 100% sure that's what I have, but since the blood tests needed to diagnose me take nearly 10 days to get back, I might have delivered by then anyway. I have the main symptom--I itch ALL OVER! Let me tell you, it is miserable! Have any of you ever heard of this? Any advice for me? There is a medication they can give you, but my Dr. said she'd rather not give it to me since I'm almost done anyway. The best cure for it is just to have your baby! But, I'd rather not be induced. (Caleb's still in school til Mon. and my parents can't come til Wed.) The question is, how many days of this can I stand? It wakes me up multiple times at night and I have a hard time going to sleep too. I think I've actually had it for over a month now, but I just thought it was the change in climate/air between here and Idaho when I went home for T-giving break. I thought I had dry skin. Then it got worse and I knew it had to be something else. I have tried cortizone lotion, Aveeno, benedryl, hot baths with epsom salt, etc. and nothing has made any difference so far. Help!!
Jess & Lex & Grandma
11 months ago









22 comments:
OH NO! That is nooo fun. For your skin, you should maybe just try vasoline or aloe? And for speeding up labor, just have them strip your membranes- much easier than a hike :)
YIKES! Not fun at all! I had a friend who had that, I'll have to ask her if anything helped. Hope all goes well!!
That is terrible!! good luck finding something that works!! pray hard, keep yourself busy and that baby will be out of there in no time! Hope everything goes well, and I am so excited to see that new baby!
Criscell! I had that too!!! That is crazy to meet another person of the 1%! They couldn't treat it til after Mason was born cause they treat it with a steroid, I know how miserable it is though! I couldn't stand it! But once they get you on the medication it will be gone within a few days! I tried the cream and it didn't really help, only a little. But it helps to prevent any scarring if you start to get the red spots that look like a rash. It took me seeing 7 doctors before one recognized it because it is so rare! I feel for you! But it really can be treated quickly after delivery! Good luck! And congrats on the count down!
Also- I tried everything too! But the best thing was if I had a really itchy spot or a red spot then I would put ice on it for a minute and for some reason that helped for small relief... it shows up at about 32 weeks... I am so sorry! I totally remember the misery! It will pass!
That does not sound fun at all. I'm sorry I don't have any experience or advice to share. I hope everything else goes well with the delivery and everything. You'll be in my prayers. :)
Yay!! Only nine days!! I am so excited for you!!!
Oh the thought makes me itch! My sis-in-law was just telling me how bad she itches and she's only 5 months. Wish I could help! Good luck, before you know it your little guy will be here!
I feel so sorry for you! Hang in there, only a few more days to go!
I am so sorry! I hope that he comes soon so that you won't have to suffer much longer. I can't even imagine what that would be like, the 3rd trimester is hard enough. But enjoy the last few days that you have alone with Caysja-your personal time with her will be drastically reduced soon-so do lots of hugging and cuddling.
I'm SO sorry about our condition! I do hope that your little boy will come sooner than later. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I wish I could think of something to help with the itching, but it sounds like you've tried everything I thought of. I guess you could always take the medicine that they offered...just make them give it you:-)
I meant 'your'...not 'our'. Unfortunetly I'm not pregnant right now...so I figured I would clarify that miss-spell.
Have a GREAT day Criscell...and just think...ONLY 9 MORE DAYS (hopefully)!!!
That is horrible.
Good luck with your sweet baby.
Poor Criscell! I am so sorry. I wish I knew a remedy, that is no fun at all!
Oh Criscell, I thought my pregnancy was the only one combined with a "liver problem." Chad is crazy itchy too, especially at night for whatever reason. The doc gave him some antihistamines but they don't help. His doc also said to try oatmeal baths. Aveeno makes some inexpensive oatmeal bath envelopes. Sometimes I like to make it into a paste and use it as a face mask, but that's beside the point. Oatmeal has the same ph level as your skin. You can also try putting regular oatmeal into a blender and blending it to a fine powder to put in the bath, or fill an old sock with oatmeal and throw that in the bath water. Otherwise, I hope you have your baby at a convenient time! Good luck!
Oh, that sounds miserable! Hopefully you can have this baby Monday? Then you could have a few days with just your little family before your parents come out - just in time for you to leave the hospital. Oh, best of luck with everything! Wish there was a miracle lotion for you.
That's EXACTLY what happened to me with that rash, PUPPP, only you could SEE the bumps or at least feel bumps causing the itching and it wasn't all over. I WAS induced. And it was the best decision for me. I tried having them strip my membranes and it didn't work for me. The Aveeno oatmeal bath things gave me some relief like your other friend said, in little packets. If I were you I would schedule an induction for the day your parents arrive if he doesn't come sooner! But you do what's best for you. Get extra blessings from Caleb and hang in there. And thanks for the Christmas card, we got it yesterday! Oh, and steal whatever pics you need from my blog of our kids.
Congrats on having your baby Criscell! I'm SO excited to see him:-) And let us know if you need anything, you know...meals, a babysitter, etc. Its kind of perfect timing for you guys though. Now that Caleb has a break from school...and you can enjoy your Christmas NOT being preggers! Good luck with being a Mommy of two! And I hope your recovery goes well too.
Well, I went to church today and they announced that you had your baby... Congratulations! I hope everything went well... I'm sure he is adorable. In response to your post, although I'm sure the itching has gone away now, my sister had that same thing with 2 of her pregnancies. She was itching all the time... I remember her being so miserable, but I guess you don't have to worry about that anymore:)
Well, I went to leave a post wishing you luck. Then I read some comments that seem to say I'm too late. Instead, Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!
well i just logged onto your blog, and was reading through the comments to see what people had to say about the itching cause it interested me... and looks like you have had your baby!!! YAY! That means the baby is here, and the itching is gone! Congrats on both! Hope you are feeling great. merry christmas!
Post a Comment