Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July FUN

Caleb surprised us and came home a whole day early from his rotation in Detroit! He got here July 2nd. We were so glad to see him!!!

It was fun to be able to go to the parade this year. I always missed that since it was so hot in AZ and they never had parades. Crew would hardly let Caleb out of his sight and just wanted to sit on his lap the whole time.


It was the coldest 4th (well, 3rd) of July I can ever remember. We were all bundled up to watch the parade.

Caysja with her cousins closest to her age--Mariah and Nelah
These girls are such good friends and love to do everything together. Here they are watching the parade and dancing to the music.

The highlight of the parade was watching for "kitty grandma and grandpa" to come along. My dad teaches high school band and so he always marches with his band every year and this year he convinced my mom to join him. We cheered for them pretty loud!

We spent the afternoon at Caleb's Aunt and Uncle's house for a family BBQ. They have a HUGE, beautiful backyard--perfect for kids.

There are actually four of the six sister-in-laws that are pregnant right now but one couldn't make it to the BBQ, so here are the other three of us in order of when we're due.

An inside shot of this COOL little playhouse Caleb's uncle built
outside view
Caysja LOVED this place, as you can imagine, and spent hours here with her cousins
My sister Chalise, her husband Steve and my grandpa came for the fireworks that night but unfortunately I forgot to get any pictures of that. My parents, sister and I played in a little patriotic orchestra for several of the senators/representatives of ID which included a dinner and program at the Shilo Inn.

How grateful I am to live in this free land of AMERICA!

9 comments:

Evan and Amber said...

I love the playhouse! Crew's hair is getting long again, I love it. We miss you guys!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Criscell, are you kidding me? You are 35 weeks pregnant, and you look that amazing! You should be a pregnancy model!

Travis and Britni said...

What a fun weekend. I'm so glad Caleb got back early. I kept telling Travis, "he should be home now. I bet she's so excited." I can't believe how tiny you are. Well, yes I can, but since I don't see you every day, I forgot how little you stay. You look great. The kids are getting so big. Wish Caysja a late happy birthday for us. We miss you guys.

kalie said...

Love the post! Miss you. And can you REALLY be having a baby in five weeks? Because it doesn't look like it! :)

gelly said...

Criscell! This is random, but do you remember the crazy neighbors you had through the backyard that one summer?? Well I'm baaack...it's Angelica Randall (now Steele). I found you through Facebook and saw you had a blog.

You are gorgeous as ever and congratulations on two beautiful kids with one on the way!

How are you and your family doing? I also saw on facebook that Chalise is engaged--she looks so happy in her pictures! That's great. Tell mama and papa Burger hello from the Randall's.

Britney Anglesey said...

So cute! It's great to see you guys having fun out here. You look great prego! Are you coming to UT anytime? I'd love to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey I found your blog just when looking at Steph's! Is it ok if I add you? Your 4th weekend looks like a blast! I absolutely love that playhouse for the kids!! You cannot even tell that you are 35 weeks pregnant! How are you feeling? Glad Caleb was able to come home a day early

Gooch Family said...

I just noticed your prego ticker on the side and I cannot believe you only have 5 weeks to go!! That is crazy, sooo soon. That is good that Caleb will be close. I don't think I could do it with Dave away so much, you are amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Criscell, I just looked you up and found you are back in Idaho! Come and visit the 7th ward again sometime (although I see you are due very soon--congratulations--so if you can make it sooner the better). Our kids still remember you fondly from teaching the primary program music. Your family is so cute.