Monday, April 5, 2010

I HATE CHANGE!

I really hate change. My husband can testify to that. It's not a good quality to have and I need to overcome it. I have put off talking about this because I can hardly stand to think about it, let alone write about it on my blog...which makes it more real. It was kind of one of those things that if you don't talk about very often you think maybe it will go away. But it is inevitable and it's going to happen in about 8 more weeks so I have try to face it between now and then. We are moving. At Midwestern the fourth year podiatry students go all around the US to a new city each month to do what they call "clerkships", so starting in June, Caleb will be headed to Detroit. If it were up to me I'd probably choose to stay here even by myself with all three kids because I feel safe here, I have a great group of friends that I know I can rely on should anything happen, and we're so happy here. But, it's really not up to me. We simply can't afford to pay rent here AND have Caleb pay for a hotel room wherever he is living. So, I'm going home to live with my parents in ID at the end of May for the next year. Seriously, just writing that is making me cry. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but I will miss EVERYTHING about AZ--the sunshine and palm trees, the pool at San Lagos, my fun ward, my social life-- (Bunco, Brunch bunch, girl's nights out, sewing projects, doing crafts, walks to the park/library, hiking, shopping, the awesome garage sales, dinner with friends, parties, just hanging out...the list could go on and on...). But most of all I will miss my dear, sweet friends. There are so many of you and I love you all!! Thank you for loving me, accepting me and making the past three years here in AZ some of the most cherished memories of my life. I will never forget this time. I remember crying to my husband when we first moved here almost three years ago that I was so homesick and now I'm crying to leave. I will always have a special place in my heart for Glendale, AZ.

19 comments:

Lisa and Daniel said...

I wish you weren't moving, but I'm glad that we have become friends and I got the chance to get to know you! You are seriously so amazing and such a wonderful example. I am so sad to see you go, but just know that you've really touched my life! Thank you for all you've done!
Lisa

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I just barely heard a few weeks ago that you were moving. It is a hard thing for sure to leave such a beautiful place. But at least you will have family while your hubby is away.

Niki said...

It is bitter sweet, a year ago I was in the same situation and I have to say it is hard. Just think about all the memories your kids will get to have with their grandparents that they otherwise wouldn't have. It's not easy moving back home but it does go by so fast. Good Luck!

Gooch Family said...

Yea I'm so not looking forward moving. We are moving at the end of April and I haven't even started packing. I think tonight I might tape some boxes, ugh! I would love to stay here too, but same thing, wouldn't be able to afford it. I didn't know Caleb is going to Detroit in June?! Dave is going there too as well Zack and Ryan. Does he know that? Is it Detroit Medical Center?

Unknown said...

Criscell, I'm sorry that you're moving. I know how that feels. You finally have gotten used to a place and then you feel like you have to uproot everything and start over. I'm sure the Lord has your best interests in mind and will take care of you.Maybe someday you can move back to AZ and Caleb can set up an office there. We're in the same boat, sort-of wondering where life will eventually take us for good. Good luck!

Cecily said...

Criscell, that does sound hard! You are strong though, and you will learn and grow! (Such a fun thing, I know). Best of luck to your whole family, and especially Caleb since he'll be apart from you for most of the year. You can do it!

Jennifer Payne said...

I remember doing the exact same thing. I cried when I got to Arizona and then I cried when I left. I still miss it so much! But, living with family will make it a little bit easier to adjust too. I hate change too!! Goodluck!

Travis and Britni said...

Ok, so how sad is this. I started crying reading your post. This is going to kill me! I'm dreading you moving, and I feel the same way you do. I thought if I didn't talk about it, then maybe it wouldn't happen, but it is. I will miss you more than words describe. You're an amazing person and friend. I've never met anyone like you. You are such a great woman in every aspect of your life. I feel honored to be able to call you my friend. Now have to stop writing cause I'm about to lose it. We'll miss you.

Alice said...

We're excited to have you closer! Sorry you have to move back to cold winters though!

Mands Glenn said...

Gosh, I don't want to start thinking about leaving either. I have fallen in love with AZ. too. You are such an easy girl to love and I will miss seeing you around, but will stay connected through the blog world. I think the podiatry program is so nuts the last year. You will do so great wherever you go. You always have a place to stay if you need some sunshine!

Melissa said...

I'm going to move to IF in September for a year while Curtis is deployed to Iraq again. We can be husband-less together. :D

Andrew Ann Quin said...

Aw :( That must be hard. I agree, change really isn't all that fun... but once you are used to the change you usually like it :) We will have to play a play date for one of our IF trips!

hilary said...

oh man, that just about made me start crying b/c we will be moving in june too and lately it's starting to really hit me that we will actually be leaving this wonderful place soon. i remember feeling homesick when we moved to arizona and now thinking about leaving our wonderful ward and friends just makes me want to cry, too! so sorry your hubby will be gone for so long, but doesn't it make you so grateful for your family? and the blogging world?? i will miss you criscell! hang in there and soak up these last few weeks! i know i will!

Kade and Kaylee said...

I didn't know you guys were moving!! I also hate change! I hate the month of May the most because every year that's when people move away! Good luck in Idaho!

Melinda said...

I know you're sad, but I am so very grateful that you will be here in ID for my last year in Pocatello!! Mrs. George really is moving, but we are going to keep up our flute choir here, taking the summer off after a concert (our first without Pat) at the end of May and we'll start back around Sept. If you don't mind the drive (and the fact that it's on Monday evening) we would love to have you join us-once every couple weeks, once a month-whatever you could do! Cory will be doing an internship this summer in IF, so we could come up and spend entire days with you sometimes!!

Kate said...

I'm sorry that you have to leave Criscell! You have so many great friends and wonderful memories from this time of your life. I had such a great time seeing you over the course of two months on all our fun outings this summer.

I hope that you find joy and wonderful friends wherever you move :) I know that you will. It was good to talk to you two weeks ago. Hyrum's parents came up the first night, so it all worked out. And it was fun! Hope you had a great Easter!

PS. that WAS the coat I bought with you! What a great memory! Love you girl!

Cara and Steve said...

That will be so sad to see you leave... I wish I would have known yesterday when I saw you at TJMaxx, but I didn't check your blog until today. Thank you for being a great friend. We will miss you lots :)

Court and Brade said...

Criscell, i know.. change is hard!!! and i can't believe you are going to be without caleb, i can't imagine what you much be going through... but AT LEAST it is short term, right? we are moving from Logan to Idaho Falls in 3 weeks... I have been in Logan for 9 YEARS!!! so I KNOW how you feel :) we are actually staying at my parents for the summer til we find a place and make sure brady's job goes through after his internship... we will just be a block away :) if you ever want to get together, let me know!!!! our little guys would prob have so much fun together :) good luck with everything!

Melinda said...

I will definitely help you get those curlformers and give you a demo :-) Again, I'm so sorry that you are sad to leave AZ, but I'm personally counting down the days until we can hang out again! Especially when Cory already has to go to IF this summer on a regular basis, it will make justifying day trips so easy! And if you want help with a cake for Caysja's birthday this year, I've become fairly good at searching ideas out that are doable for the non-cake decorator types and I am beginning to build quite the collection of that frosting coloring paste that I could share-you get a TON and only have to use a small amount to get amazing color.