Saturday, January 29, 2011

Curing the "January Blues"

Below is the awesome cure for the "Jan. Blues" that I recently discovered...

Mix some close friends plus a heaping amount sunshine and blue skies, add a week with no kids (well, babies don't count...), with lots of late-night talks while eating your favorite ice cream.  Next add in lazy mornings sleeping in, several shopping sprees, eating out at your favorite places, some good movies and...walah!  You're CURED!!

LOL!  =)   On a more serious note...I really had a wonderful, amazing time visiting all my old friends in AZ.  Thanks so much to my dear friend Britni who invited me to stay with her for four days for her B-day!   She is such a sweetheart. (We found an incredible deal on Allegiant Air that flew straight from IF to Mesa.)  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  The weather was perfect (it even got up to 80 degrees a couple days!), and I got to do everything I wanted.  It was hard to leave. (Thanks to my mom and Britni's mother-in-law who watched our kids for us!)   I really needed this beak more than I knew.   It has given me that extra "boost" to make it through the next four more months til Caleb can complete his externships, graduate from medical school and we can be a whole, complete family once more.

Here we are about to board the plane

Okay, so not the best picture but I had to take it of the two of us since this was Capri's first time flying.  She was perfect the whole time and fell asleep in my arms.

Our old BUNCO group  
Britni was kind enough to host it at her house during the week I was there so I could attend and catch up with everyone.
L-R:  Jeni, Kristy, Joanna, Alyssa (my old roommate from BYUI from 6 years ago!!), Jill, Jesica, Stephanie, Danielle, Michelle, Courtney, Britni, Nicole, Angel, Megan, me, Brenda, (not pictured:  Megan and Jen who were kind enough to take the picture and Michelle G. who had already left.) 

Our baby girls got to "hang" out together too.  Capri and Austyn are only about 6 weeks apart.  Let me just say that it is sooooo relaxing to only have ONE child to take care of.  (One of the best parts is sleeping in!)

One of the things I really wanted to do was visit my friend Sara and her twin baby girls that were born the day after we moved away from Glendale.  Klara and Cozette are totally ADORABLE and growing up so fast!

Another thing on my "list" was hanging out at one of my most favorite places from our three years there:  yep, you guessed it--the San Lagos Pool and hot tub!  I have sooooo many memories from that place.



The weather really was just gorgeous!!  Only in AZ do you WANT to go swimming in January!  (Unfortunately one day wasn't enough to get my old tan back...)

Also on my "list" was a trip to the Anthem Outlet mall.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place!!  Our friend Kristy was able to come with us (thanks for watching her kiddos, Joanna) and we shopped til we dropped--nearly 6 hours!
Having lunch at the food Court

On my last night there there Britni planned a fun GNO:  We went to Cheesecake factory (miss that place!) with one group of friends and then to a movie ("The Tourist") with another group of friends.   Britni and I stayed up late talking and eating ice cream when we got home.  

L-R:  Carlie, Courtney, me, Britni, Sara, Jessy

Here we are at the Mesa airport on Fri. about to say goodbye...
It was hard to leave

Thanks so much, Britni!

'til the next AZ reunion... 

6 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Ummm...WOW!!! I am so jealous!! That sounds absolutely amazing! So glad you got the chance to do that, doesn't happen often enough right!? I bet it was hard to leave the beautiful weather and friends and "no" kids! :)

Lisa and Daniel said...

Oh I am so sad we were out of town I wish I could have come to see you. Looks like you had lots of fun while you were here. I hope you are doing well. We sure miss you.

Travis and Britni said...

It was so much fun. I'm sad it's over, but I'm really excited to maybe get to see you in May. I'm counting the days. There was no way I could go a whole year without seeing you. I'm way excited for you to get to see Caleb next weekend. Tell your Mom thanks for me. Love you.

emiflute said...

I'm so glad you got to visit old friends! Sounds like so much fun! I found myself agreeing with you that weather in the southwest is just so awesome, but here in ABQ, we still can't swim in January. It's in the 60s, but not warm enough for that. We do get to go hiking though. I love that! Well, hang in there for the next few months. It sounds like happy times are just around the corner for you. Love and miss ya!

Unknown said...

Wow, looks like you had a really good time. I admit that I too have adjusted to the really nice weather and when I went home to visit my parents after Christmas decided that snow 1x a year is enough for me. I just don't like the cold, don't like having to bundle the kids up, having to scrap my car off or driving on the bad roads... Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Now, it's only 3 more months til' you can have your husband back!

Anonymous said...

you might want to take down that pic where you're lying down on your back in your bathing suit. It looks very camel-toeish. I'mjust sayin'