Last week we were so blessed to be able to spend the WHOLE week with Caleb before he had to leave for his Tucson rotation for the month of Oct. We had a wonderful time with him and we did lots of fun things together--bike rides, picnics, swimming, movies, went to the temple, etc. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of everything, but I did bring the camera the day we went hiking up Palisades Creek. We only made it about three miles or so (since Crew insisted on walking) but it was the absolute perfect day for hiking--not too hot, not too cold and the colors were beautiful! I'd forgotten all about how gorgeous Fall is, having been in the hot land of AZ for the past three years.
This is where we stopped for lunch
Caleb showing off his mad skipping rock skills
Caleb put Crew up in this tree and he wasn't too happy about it as you can see...
King (and Queen) of the Mountain
I heart this picture!
And now we're on our own again...sad day, as Caysja would say. :( During the week it's not so bad but the weekends are no fun without Caleb. We'd gotten so spoiled having him come home from Salt Lake the past three months. Hats off to all the single moms out there! We miss you, lots and lots, Honey!!
P.S. And yes, it WAS too good to be true that Capri was sleeping 8 hours at night, because as soon as Caleb left, that ended. She's now doing about four hour stretches, which isn't terrible, but I prefer the 8 hours!









7 comments:
Crew is so cute..."cycle-cycles" and Caysja's little poses are adorable! Sad your hubby had to go to Tuscon :(
How fun. It looks beautiful. I can't believe how big Crew has gotten. I'm so sorry you're a single Mom full time again. No fun. I'm glad you got a whole week to play before he left though. What a blessing.
Yea for Tucson! I'd say he could come over for dinner but that would be totally weird since Dave isn't here, ha. You have definitely been spoiled!! That is so great he has been able to come home every weekend. Dave is off to Wisconsin this month. Such a crazy year and whenever I think, "Oh it's getting closer to be over!" Then I count how many months are left and..no, we still have a long time, ha. It will be worth it one day! :)
Cute pictures, looks like you had a fun time. Good luck while Caleb is gone.
I can't believe you are now a little mama of THREE! You look fantastic! Congrats on the arrival of your sweet Capri - she is darling!
I miss you! Looked like such a perfect day with the perfect fall colors. Ughhh hats off to the single Mamas out there. We are in the middle of our 4th week and Man it is hard. You are totally right about the weekend. It's okay during the week and then the weekend hits and it's such a bummer.
OHhh and so impressive that you guys made it 3 miles. Dang!
Oh how I miss this family:) The quote was from a young woman's broadcast. Not sure which one. We saw the quote at Desert Book.
Post a Comment