Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ready, Set...Recap!!!

I realize this post is LONG overdue...(if anyone has quit reading this blog, I totally understand and I apologize!) I guess my biggest excuse is that we all got sick (just colds/coughs) but Crew got RSV and almost ended up in the hospital. We're all okay now, thank heavens!

SO...going back to November...here we on Thanksgiving Day about to run in our ward's "Turkey Trot". I am NOT a runner (I've never run more than the required mile in PE in my life) but I am proud to say that I ran my first 5k that day!! I joined our ward's running group that meets three days a week and it's really helped me get motivated to run. Caleb ran it with me and pushed our kids--(he's MUCH faster than I am, no surprise).

Here's my Honey about to carve our first turkey latter that day. I was a wimp and didn't want to cook a turkey (having never done it before) but Caleb said "it can't be that hard" and so he did it! I have to say it tasted pretty good too. Way to go, Hon!
My family all came for Thanksgiving. Here are my parents and my only sibling, Chalise.
Only in AZ can you do this in Nov.
While my sister Chalise was here, Crewser got his first hair cut. She does a great job cutting hair. I was sad to see his curls go, but he looks so much older now--and now I don't have to put gel in his hair everyday!
Pretty long, eh?
He wasn't too thrilled about the whole thing...
Doesn't he look so much older? My baby isn't a baby anymore. Thanks, Aunt Chalise--I love it!
December...

We celebrated the season by making gingerbread houses with our Preschool group. Thanks for putting them together, Alissa, and hosting it, Joanna!
The girls had so much fun decorating them...and eating lots of candy of course.
Caysja was very brave at our ward Christmas party. She went right up to Santa and had no problem sitting on his lap and telling him what she wanted for Christmas--"a computer, a camera, and a watch". (Pretty grown up gifts for a three year old, eh?)
I had my annual Christmas concert for my flute quartet, "Flutasia" at the Mesa temple grounds. We got together with some of our friends to eat at Cafe Rio before. The girls were so cute.
The lights were beautiful as always
Then Crew got sick...

When we took him to Urgent Care, they said his oxygen levels were so low that he might have to stay a night in the hospital. Luckily the breathing treatments starting working (finally) and he was able to come home. RSV, breathing treatments every four hours (and double ear infections) are NO FUN!!! He was so patient throughout the whole thing. What a little trooper.
Christmas morning...

lovin' her "cramra" as she calls it


Do we all look half asleep or what?!
new kitchen
matching dresses
Because Crew got sick, we decided not to risk him getting worse by driving the 14 hours home like we were planning to for Christmas and instead had a quiet time here in AZ by ourselves. It was the first Christmas of my entire life where I haven't been home for Christmas, or had family members here. Kind of sad...but also kind of special.

Christmas Eve dinner
Whew! If you made it through all that, you're amazing! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!


12 comments:

Kristi said...

I love Crew's haircut. He looks so grown up! So sorry he was sick. My little man had RSV too, right before Christmas. So sad. looks like you had a fun Christmas! Your kids are so adorable :)

sheila said...

your holidays looked great! good that your family got to see you.
Thats great you ran a 5K. Thats on my things to do this year-list.

Our Family said...

I love the picture of crew with his hair stright up in the air.

I'm so glad you guys are all feeling better. Hopefully everyone will be healthy for a while.

Alissa

Heather Inns said...

I am glad things are getting better for you. It looks like you have had a busy last couple of months. Thanks for the post I enjoyed it.

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

So sorry you couldn't go home for Christmas. It looks like you still had a great time.
Good for you running the 5K. I don't think I ever will do that! :)

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

I also love crew's haircut:) i am so sorry to hear about Crew getting so sick. Our first Thanksgiving with Dane was spent in the hospital bc he was so sick and dehydrated..NOT FUN! I am glad to hear t hat everyone is feeling better:)

Evan and Amber said...

Love the matching doll dress! so cute

Travis and Britni said...

Poor little Crew. I'm so glad he's feeling better. It's no fun having sick kids. I know you were bummed you couldn't go home, but I was so thrilled you stayed. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to go out on a double date; Caleb wouldn't have been able to teach me some exercises to help my knee, and I wouldn't have been able to get any laundry done. You guys do so much for us. We are so grateful to have friends like you around.

Oh ya, Great Job on the 5K. I always knew you had it in you:)

Skylette said...

I just LOVE the holidays with kids. They make it a thousand times better. :)
I seriously cannot believe the difference a hair cut can make! Crew has a headful, that is for sure.

Mands Glenn said...

Poor little Crew. Hope he is getting better. It is crazy to me that our kids can still get so sick in Az. when the sun is shining all the time. Love the pic. of the girls at the ward Christmas party. Boy do we have some saucy 3 year olds in the ward. Your quiet Christmas sounded so nice. 14 hours of driving with sick babies dosen't sound fun at all. Miss you guys. See ya the end of Jan.!

Melinda said...

we hot tub at my in-law's year round, it's especially nice in the winter! It's so crazy, the only cases of RSV I've heard about are in friends in the southern states, and you'd think it'd be more of a problem here in ID, so weird! Glad he's doing ok.

kalie said...

Ooo, I have much missed your posts! We are very sad to hear about Crew. Poor boo. Glad he is better now.