WARNING: Picture overload!!! (Sorry I've been so slow getting these pictures posted. My excuse is that my computer broke--it was very old and now I'm having to get used to a Mac computer--I don't do well with change!)
Baumgartner is a campground near Boise ID. It is practically heaven on earth (except for the camping part--ha ha!) No, seriously, it is soooo beautiful! The Boise River runs right through it and there is a natural hot springs there as well. The weather is perfect--not too cold, not too hot. There are these gorgeous huge redwood trees and it smells so fresh. Caleb's family has been going there for over 20 years. This was my 5th time there, Caysja's 4th time, and Crew's first time. Caleb's uncle always brings his horses for the kids (and adults to ride) and he even has two little ponies just their size. We went four-wheeling, motorcycle riding, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, played games, roasted marshmallows, threw horseshoes, had a treasure hunt...the list could go on and on. I was a little worried about taking Crew since it would be his first time camping, but he did so well. Caleb's parents were so kind to invite my parents to come too. Caysja and Crew were really spoiled with both sets of grandparents there, not to mention lots and lots of cousins!! The highlight of the trip was Caysja jumping off the BIG rock!! We talked her into it and she DID it!! It was soooo awesome. It was kind of sad since this will be the last time Caleb's parents will be there for two years while they serve their mission to the Domincan Republic.
Baumgartner is a campground near Boise ID. It is practically heaven on earth (except for the camping part--ha ha!) No, seriously, it is soooo beautiful! The Boise River runs right through it and there is a natural hot springs there as well. The weather is perfect--not too cold, not too hot. There are these gorgeous huge redwood trees and it smells so fresh. Caleb's family has been going there for over 20 years. This was my 5th time there, Caysja's 4th time, and Crew's first time. Caleb's uncle always brings his horses for the kids (and adults to ride) and he even has two little ponies just their size. We went four-wheeling, motorcycle riding, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, played games, roasted marshmallows, threw horseshoes, had a treasure hunt...the list could go on and on. I was a little worried about taking Crew since it would be his first time camping, but he did so well. Caleb's parents were so kind to invite my parents to come too. Caysja and Crew were really spoiled with both sets of grandparents there, not to mention lots and lots of cousins!! The highlight of the trip was Caysja jumping off the BIG rock!! We talked her into it and she DID it!! It was soooo awesome. It was kind of sad since this will be the last time Caleb's parents will be there for two years while they serve their mission to the Domincan Republic.


(Sorry, these next three pics are posted in reverse order, but I'm not going to change them.)
She DID IT!!
























9 comments:
That place looks so fun! Too bad that will be your last time for a few years. Crew is quite possibly the happiest little boy ever! I hope mine will learn to take after him, ha. I'm surprised Caysja looked scared after jumping off the rock, she always seems so brave at your pool.
What a great family vacation - it looks like so much fun and Crew just gets cuter every time I see him if that's even possible!
Wow Criscell, I can't believe how big your kids are. First off Caysja jumping off that huge rock, that is awesome. And little Crew, he has gotten so big, and his hair is so cute and got so light. Wow, what a gorgeous family!
That sounds like so much fun. We need to do something like that. We haven't ever camped. It looked like you guys had so much fun. Great job Caysja for being so brave and jumping off the big rock.
Now thats a reUNION!!! wowzas!! looks like soo much fun! all the activities... my goodness!! love the pics- love crew sitting by himself in the chair. he is such a cutie!! ps cant believe caysja jumped that rock!!
Poor Caysja post going under water.....Sammi decided that it wasn't scary and wanted to try it, so Cory held her and they went under and she came up crying about it. It took me awhile to get used to the Mac, but it was a pretty fast learning curve and now I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Your kids are way cute!! BTW Happy belated anniversary :-)
That looks so fun. I'm so glad you guys got to go. I love the picture of Crew in the tube.
Sounds like a great trip! I am going to have to find out where that campground is; it looks amazing!
Hey, It is Christi Rainwater. I was blog stalking and found your blog :). If you send me your email address, I can invite you to read mine! My email is Christibee@gmail.com
Post a Comment